Saturday 25 March 2017

A poem about  our Parkinsons group
Why do I love this group?
So, why do I love this group? the answer is easy,
Why, It`s the fantasticle group members of course.
from all over the world they find us then ask to join,
most then stay with us, we hope with no remorse.
The admin team, well we are a proper mixed crew,
we have Ellis the menace who loves the group meets,
loves pasties and cream.a true friend of mine
we have a good laugh, though we can disagree,
to the group she is loyal as most of us will see.
And then we have Paula,with the creative bent,
she loves baking cakes, and is the group socialite,
she is a loyal friend, and a good team player,
cross her at your peril, and to Coventry you are sent.
And we have `S `what can I say, she is cool.
The methodical one, not much gets past her.
a wise head on those shoulders, a scientific head.
She gives excellent help for those that ask her,
a close friend of mine, we often talk a great deal
good advice she will offer, but will suffer no fools!
And now we have Russ, the new kid on the block,
he is finding his way, being admin is not that easy.
The young onset big `P` that`s his great motivation.
His determination and vigor should carry him far,
fighting for justice that the young onset deserve.
I think old established opinions are in for a shock!
Who else is there in the admin team, oh yes it`s me,
well, what can I say, that hasn`t been said?
I will fight for group members, you are ALL my friends.
So proud of this forum, and the way it has grown,
we have a good laugh, alongside all the woes
this group is an outlet from our daily grind you see.
So there you go, I have been on a roll,
this poem is nothing like I intended it to be!
It was going to be about you the members you see,
but, another day another rhyme 2 hours this has taken.
Just to say you guys all rock and the other admins too,
It`s given me a focus, taken over my life,
We may have the Big P, but he doesn`t have us,
together we will fight, we will shout, and we will cuss!
TJB 24/3/17 (c)

No comments:

Post a Comment